Our Independent Sexual Violence Advocates (ISVAs) offer practical and emotional support, ensuring that your views, opinions, wishes and feelings are respected, and listened to by all agencies and people involved.
We can support you by:
– Ensuring your individual views, opinions, wishes and needs are understood, respected, listened to and met by all the agencies supporting you.
– Offering crisis support, or answering any question, worry or concern you might have which relates to the sexual abuse you’ve experienced.
– Giving you information if you’re unsure of whether you want to report to the police or not.
– Offering emotional and practical help if you have already reported to ensure you understand and receive your legal rights and entitlements, e.g. special measures in court where you give evidence from behind a screen or via a video link.
– Offering compassionate support to the people who are supporting you, your partner, family and friends, so that they can better support you.
– Arranging appointments, referring you, or possibly going with you, to other support services, such as Umbrella sexual health services, domestic abuse support, and other health appointments e.g. hospital, doctors, dentists, opticians.
– Informing you of other options you might have such as Civil Action, Criminal Injuries, Compensation Award, self-reporting, and anonymous reporting.
There is also a LGBT ISVA service at RSVP to provide specialist support to lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans survivors.
Please call us, we’re happy to talk to you about other support available to you.